342-, 354 New Canton Way, Robbinsville, NJ 08691, USA
1.2
Turnaround Time

I was really enjoying my Sinceras that I purchased in Aug of 2016

They were supposed to be a 60000 mile tire with proper care and rotation.

I am a servicing fanatic, changing oil, rotating tires every 4000 miles, proper inflation, yada yada.

Once day last week I am cruising down one of our perfect pothole free highways in Scottsdale,Az and the passenger side rear tire starts tread shedding for no reason. I see and hear chunks of rubber flying off of my fender wells.

I pull over in to the emergency lane expecting to have a completely flat tire ...but to my shock half of the tread is gone but the tire is still inflated. Thankfully the Walmart where I purchased these was 2 more miles away...i creeped there on the service road and proceeded to tell my story to the Service Manager of the tire department who promptly insinuated it was all my fault and that I had over-inflated or hit something with my tires. I retrebuted his statement and told him NO tire should ever be doing that without prior trauma. I had their road hazard warranty but he refused to even consider replacing the tire as a defect. I paid 60 bucks ( they " discounted" the installation") for a new Viva 3 tire so I could continue my journey.

I had an uneasy feeling that this story had a few more chapters left to go.

9 days and 100 miles later the same damn thing happened on the same highway at almost the same spot ( no i did not run over anything) only this time it was the driver side rear tire.

This scared the *** out of me.....it was a busy time of the morning and chunks were flying everywhere from my vehicle ...not to mention there was a motorcycle behind me that almost got nailed by a chunk...Thank God he weaved around the debris.

This time I was not as nice about the situation. I demanded to see the store manager. I was given the runaround for 6 hours until finally I showed him the pictures of the previous tire that had shredded.

They agreed to give me 3 new Goodyear Vivas for 90 dollars.

I wasnt happy about the situation but at this point after wasting all day at Walmart I was ready to go home.

Overall it was a good ending and the younger manager was just doing his job...but it could have been a lot worse...

Falken needs to recall their Sinceras.... I am sure this has happened to others

Product or Service Mentioned: Falken Tire Tires.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I am online looking for recalls for Falken Sincera as my husband's tire just totally blewout in shreds, less than a year old Was on highway in a bad spot and lucky he's safe. I want to have these recalled.

Has anything else been done about your tire?

Have you spoken to the falken company? I am in Mercerville, NJ

RIGHT REAR TIRES ARE THE HIGHEST RATE OF FAILURE DUE TO PUNCTURE..... EVERYTHING GETS SWEPT TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD AND THE FRONT TIRE TYPICALLY THROWS THE OBJECT TOWARDS THE REAR TIRE AND THEN YOU HAVE A PUNCTURE...........LOOK IT UP......

IM NOT JOKING........ YOUR TIRE I WOULD BET MY CHILDRENS LIVES ON IMPLODED DUE TO BEING RUN ON WITH LOW AIR PRESSURE AND DESTROYED THE TIRE SIDEWALLS.......BET ME AND LOSE HOMIE........................SINCERELY DARRELL HIGGINS